For a Bounty of Blessings: MCGI Sets June 24-26 as International Thanksgiving
As the first half of the year wraps up, Members Church of God International gears up for its upcoming International Thanksgiving celebration set on June 24-26, 2011.
The three-day event is a quarterly activity when all members of the Church across the world gather to offer Thanksgiving to God for His blessings. The event is apart from the regular Thanksgiving held every Saturday where individuals by the thousands express their gratitude to the Almighty.
Congregants from Philippine provinces and abroad are expected to fill to the brim the ADD Convention Center in Apalit, Pampanga, the headquarters of MCGI and the main venue of the celebration.
Arguably the biggest convention center in Asia, the ADD Convention Center can house more than 30,000 people inside and the same number in the immediate peripheries. Meanwhile, MCGI chapters in all points of the globe will also accommodate attendees who cannot make it to the main venue. Live streaming is provided so they can participate in the event real-time.
As part of the preparation for the big event, Bro. Eli Soriano and Bro. Daniel Razon, Presiding and Vice-Presiding Ministers to MCGI, have equipped the ADD Convention Center with high-powered audio-visual equipment to ensure that attendees will have clear reception of everything done in the entire celebration especially during the delivery of biblical topics.
Here are some of the reasons MCGI is thankful for in the past quarter:
- Roughly 4,000 souls were baptized during weekly and mass baptisms from April to first week of June. Converts include a Japanese national who was a member of the Latter-Day Saints since childhood, a Buddhist from Singapore, a former pastor of the Assembly of God in Southern Philippines, a female minister from Samahan ng Tatlong Persona Solo Inc., and natives of South America, among others.
- On April 7, Bro. Eli celebrated his 47 years of fruitful service to God and humanity. MCGI chapters globally joined the preacher in thanking God. As part of his thanksgiving offering, Bro. Eli granted the small wishes of some Church members who are poor by providing financial assistance.
- MCGI welcomed Nisan 1, 5771 or its New Year at sunset of April 4. MCGI’s New Year is patterned after the Hebrew calendar, the timetable used in the Bible. On the 14th day of Nisan or sunset of April 17 this year in the Roman calendar, the Congregation commemorated the Lord’s Supper in memory of Christ’s sacrifices. During the celebration, Bro. Eli explained that remembering the Lord’s Supper is an obligation Christians must observe until the return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- More than 15,000 youth gathered at the ADD Convention Center last April 22 for the 14th International Youth Convention. Bro. Eli attended to the various concerns of the youth in a consultation, the much-awaited part and highlight of the gathering, during which, the preacher called on them to be a part of the Workers’ Ministry. More than two hundred young adults expressed their willingness to be instrumental in the global evangelization efforts of the Church.
- The Music Ministry held its 11th International Music Summit last May 22 that assembled chorale groups and music enthusiasts in the congregation. The annual songwriting event had accummulated twenty eight new songs of praises sung by various chorale groups Church-wide. Other activities included seminars on singing and song-writing.
- Moreover, members of the Church’s theatrical group called Teatro Kristiyano, showcased their acting talents in this year’s Theater Summit held last May 29.
- Eyeing to reach every home in South America, MCGI started its broadcast in Peru this quarter.
- MCGI in Papua New Guinea celebrated its third year anniversary this month. In June 2009, MCGI locale was established in the country after a group of natives received the preaching of Bro. Eli.
Besides offering thanksgiving, MCGI believes that the festivity is the perfect time to ask God for guidance for all Church endeavors in the coming months.
(Written by: Hazel Chavez-David)
“We Must Not Give Up” Wins Song of the Mid-Year in ASOP 5775 December 24, 2015
Evangelization in the West Intensifies October 8, 2011
Bro. Eli Soriano Lauds New Praise Songs July 14, 2010